Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thank Gawd for Bosom Friends

Just home from a whirlwind trip to Seattle to visit some of my bestest, oldest -- and quite different from each other -- friends. I was rotten with a serious head cold the entire time but still had an incredibly beautiful time.

Even though this trip included fabulous meals, another Ben Harper show, and a glorious sick-day in bed marathoning the first season of my new favorite show (Ugly Betty...yay!), my favorite part has to be the gift I was given by each of my ladies in the form of a hand-written card. Their words are messages of appreciation for my friendship, which brought us to tears in seconds.

This actually isn't terribly unusual. We've never been the types to avoid sharing our feelings of love for one another. But, timing is everything. It means more than I know how to express right now that you each recognized me in the way that you did. You help me believe that I am actually achieving a decent level of success in being the person I strive to be, despite the crazy of it all. Thank you, my two friends, for all you have offered, as well, as our lives cross over and run parallel and screech in different directions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have friends acknowledge you you've become. You rock!