Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Abby Normal

Happy Halloween, dammit! Today's mission: to lighten the fuck up. Sure, the world is a crushingly depressing place to call home, but, here I am, at home, giving in with a mere dollup of riteous indignation.

To whatever reasons have been crippling me from being able to make the brain space to write -- both academically and otherwise -- this last week, I say kiss my grits. I don't have to like the reality that there's no easy way out, that we're all in the same sinking boat, that this is all there is to this life business. No need to place blame or try to convince others that humantity is in crisis because they already know it. I merely need to acknowledge what it means to me and continue doing my own thing with in it, continue figuring out how I'm going to process and live with it anyway. BAH! Ready or not, here I come!

No comments: